Successful companies are finding innovative ways to retain and leverage older workers while planning longer-term succession strategies. Here is how you can get started.
- Pair Traditionalist mentors with younger workers to transfer knowledge to the next generation
- Create alternative retirement programs that allow Traditionalists part-time work
- Train Traditionalists on new technology to update their skill sets
- Include Traditionalist perspectives in your strategic planning by placing them in advisory roles or on advisory boards
- Implement an intranet resource (a “Wikipedia” for your company) where Traditionalists can document knowledge and expertise