Tuesday, May 17, 2011
I invite you to read the article and share your thoughts with me on these compelling issues. It’s also not too late to register for my May 19 webinar, “Recruiting The Class Of 2011: Managing the Expectation of Millennials --- And Yours!” If you can't make the webinar, but would like to discuss the intergenerational issues of your company, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amy Hirsh Robinson, Principal, Interchange Group (www.interchange-group.com)
Monday, May 2, 2011
Does this sound familiar?
- You're frustrated by what you call a "sense of entitlement" in todays youth and marvel at their lack of patience to master a skill or job thoroughly.
- You're horrified by the casual writing style of your younger staff and wonder what happened to spell check and punctuation.
- You've just spent thousands of dollars recruiting recent college graduates, only to find that six months later they've left you for greener pastures.
Welcome to the Millennial generation! Born into the world of the internet, cell phones and video games, these teens and twenty-somethings are tech savvy with short attention spans. Raised by "Helicopter" Baby Boomer parents who pushed them to excel, Millennials are natural multi-taskers brimming with confidence. This is the Harry Potter generation of team enthusiasts who want to make the world a better place. And they are ready to bypass any red tape that gets in their way!
In only four years, Millennials will represent over 40% of the American workforce. How will employers effectively recruit and manage a group of workers predicted to drastically change how companies organize and communicate? Join us for another popular Interchange Group webinar as we answer this question and share practical strategies for attracting and retaining the Millennials. Learning outcomes include:
- Expectations, motivations and behaviors of the Millennial generation
- Recruiting and interviewing tactics to attract top young talent
- Orientation and on-boarding practices for accelerating time to productivity
- Strategies for managing career pathing and development conversations
- Management and communication practices to increase performance and retention
Registration for this webinar is complimentary to Interchange Group clients. Contact your Interchange Group consultant for arrangements or email email@example.com. Registration for non-clients is available for a fee of $79.