What does this mean for employers relying on Gen Xers to take over from retiring Baby Boomers? How will companies keep this generation motivated and loyal? Traditional succession plans, incentive strategies and promotional tracks won’t work. Organizations thinking differently about recruiting and retaining this cohort can gain a competitive advantage. Here are some quick tips:
Help Gen Xers balance work and life commitments!
- Offer telecommuting and flexible work schedules
- Utilize comp days as incentives for productivity
- Reward for results, not hours spent in the office
- Provide time-saving “maintenance” services (e.g. house cleaning, dog-walkers, car washes)
- Highlight work-life balance success stories in your company’s newsletter
Want more insight and tips for managing the different generations in your workplace? Contact us at www.interchange-group.com.