- Create a simple, transparent process for applying for civil service jobs
- Develop onboarding programs for entry level and mid-career employees
- Revamp the classification and pay structure to compete with the private sector
- Invest in robust leadership development and succession planning programs
- Hire qualified human capital experts to champion 21st century recruitment and talent management efforts
Without a systematic way of recruiting and keeping younger talent, the federal government will be unable to staff mission critical positions with qualified, competent personnel. While out of touch, it is not the only U.S. employer with antiquated human capital processes. Most private and nonprofit organizations report being ill-equipped to handle the upcoming demographic shifts in the labor market. How prepared are you?
Want more insight into managing the different generations in your workplace? Contact us at www.interchange-group.com or join us for our November 19 webinar, Generational Differences in Volunteerism.